Hi there, this is me!
Hi there, this is me – Anne! 😉
I am a 24 year old girl, currently living in Germany. I love hiking, climbing, snowboarding and recently learned to love surfing very much! I travel the world with a huge smile on my face – no matter what 🙂
What kind of traveler am I?
My passion is to travel the world, experience new cultures and discover new landscapes! While travelling in the United States a lot over the last few years, I felt the need to structure my trips. I didnt want to miss anything, so I loved to make a plan on how to combine the most stunning sights and hikes. I am still in love with just getting lost somewhere and trying whatever I find – but I dont want to travel to a place & afterwards see, that I missed one of the best secret spots that was just SO close, just because I did not do my research 😉
One thing I really like are multi stop flights! I recently bought a trip Germany – Los Angeles – Calgary in Canada – Maui – Germany and saved a ton of money (only paid 1.000 EUR for all flights!!) with this combination and saw so many different places!
Why start another travel blog?
So why did I decide to write a blog?! Because the research part is always taking a lot of work… Maybe someone feels the same way and likes one of my recent trips or somebody finds a nice spot he hasn´t read about yet 🙂 Maybe I can even help somebody to find self confidence to travel the world alone – just get out there, do what you like, no matter if non of your friends or family wants to join! I hiked the Grand Canyon alone (and many other trips) – and I just loved any single second of it!
A list of countries I have been yet and what I loved about them?
- The Costa Blanca is incredibly beautiful! I love “Moraira” so much – it is a little fishing town with the best restaurants
- Such a good place to snowboard or to do some hiking is “Ehrwald” close to the Zugspitze.
- United Kingdom
- I am in love with London! My favorite place in London is the Camden market -and of course all the Harry Potter related places 😉
- I am a huge fan of Scotland. It´ magical!
- Fell in love with hiking in Killarney and the Cliffs of Moher for sure!
- Kreta is a beautiful island – I suggest you visit in spring when the landscape is green.
- Rom is one if the most romantic places for me.
- The canals of Venice are just amazing!
- You need to go to the Provence, when the lavender is turning everything violet!
- The beaches are so wide and the seashore is rough – best for a hike in late summer!
- Loved the spirit of Istanbul!
- It is beautiful when the tulips are blooming!
- They have beautiful food markets in the netherlands…
- Poland, Belgium and Hungary have not won my heart yet – it seems that I have not yet visited the best parts yet!
- Loved the nature – seeing all those animals in their natural habit was one of the best things I experienced so far.
- Djerba is a beautiful island
- The pyramids in Kairo are absolutely stunning!!!
- Snorkeling in the red sea is incredible…
- United States of America
- California lifestyle is just amazing – if you want to know how to life a live right, you should life there for a while. Those beaches are just going to calm you down 🙂
- Hawaii (Maui)
- You need to see the Black Sand Beach!
- Take a snorkeling tour to the Molokini Crater – you can view so far…
- The Yellowstone Nationalpark is THE place to see. Absolutely in my top ten!
- Also in my top ten: The Grand Canyon… It is just unbelievable stunning and I would come back every time – even after I saw it 4 times already 😉
- Page is also incredible: Horsheshoe Bend and Antelope Canyon are must see´s!
- The Bryce Canyon, Zion Nationalpark, Arches Nationalpark to name only a few of the incredible places in Utah… Nature at it´s best!
- Big fan of Death Valley here! Also liked the Valley of fire and of course Las Vegas is a place to visit at leats once just to see the craziness out there 😉
- Mesa Verde is an incredible place of history!
- New York
- Who could not be in love with New York City? This city is on vibrate!
- Never saw a more beautiful beach than Siesta Key Beach close to Sarasota! It is absolutely white – it nearly hurts your eyes…
- Chichén Itzá is stunning!
- Quintana Roo
- Tulum was just magical for me.
- Loved Palenque! It is less crowded than the pyramids in Yucatan and Quintana Roo.
- The city Campeche is beautiful.
- Athabasca Glacier Walk was one of my highlights of this trip, as well as the Crypt Lake Trail in Waterton Nationalpark!
- Like the spirit of Bangkok and the temples around
- Loved Koh Samui
- Thanks to Istanbul, were you can walk from Europe to Asia – how cool is that?
The top 10 places I visited so far?
So hard to decide! There are a thousand places, that touched my heart, but those were the most memorable so far:
- Grand Canyon hike (Arizona, United States of America)
- Palenque (Chiapas, Mexico)
- Pyramids of Giza (Cairo, Egypt)
- Black Sand Beach (Maui, United States of America)
- Crypt Lake Trail (Alberta, Canada)
- New York City (NY, United States of America)
- Amboseli Nationalpark (Kenya)
- Antelope Canyon (Arizona, United States of America)
- Rome (Italy)
- Athabasca Glacier Hike (Alberta, Canada)
My goal is to just get outside and see as much of the world as I could possibly do…
On my bucket list for the next few years are:
- Machu Picchu in Peru
- Hike the Grand Canyon Rim to Rim and hike to the Havasupa Falls
- Chinese Wall
- Paro Taktsang in Bhutan
- Trolltunga trail in Norway
- New Zealand